The National Fire And Emergency Preparedness Council (NFEC) Charity Film Premiere 2022 will be held on 1 December 2022, Thursday. Association of Company Emergency Response Teams (Singapore), or A-CERTS, is pleased to support this worthy cause, to raise fund for NFEC’s various fire safety awareness and emergency preparedness programme.
NOTRE-DAME ON FIRE offers a blow-by-blow recreation of the gripping events that took place on April 15, 2019, when the cathedral suffered the biggest blaze in its history. The film retraces how heroic men and women put their lives on the line to accomplish an awe-inspiring rescue.
Post Event: A-CERTS Workshop at FiSAC 2022
(18 Nov 2022, Friday)
It is our pleasure to invite Dr Goh Moh Heng to speak at the A-CERTS’ workshop at FiSAC 2022, on “Rebuilding a holistic business continuity management and emergency response approach post COVID-19”. The workshop was well-received with about 50 participants.
Post Event: Minister’s Appreciation Lunch
(29 Oct 2022, Saturday)
Post Event: CERT Connect 2022
(27 Oct 2022, Thursday)
We are pleased to welcome approximate 50 participants to CERT Connect 2022!
Announcement: CERT Connect 2022
(27 Oct 2022, Thursday)
CERT Connect 2022 is finally returning after a two-year hiatus. We are pleased to announce our next event, CERT Connect 2022. A-CERTS members will be receiving our email invitation on how to register for this event. Please watch this space for any updates.
27 October 2022, Thursday
A.M Session Time:
9.30am to 12.00pm (Registration will start from 9.00am)
P.M Session Time:
1.45pm to 5.00pm (Registration will start from 1.30pm)
Lifelong Learning Institute
11 Eunos Road 8, Singapore 408601
Format: Physical Meeting
Fire Safety Manager CPD Points: 5 FSM-CPD Points. It is only applicable to full day attendees.
Workplace Safety & Health Officer SDU Points: 5 SDU Points. It is only applicable to full day attendees.
Fees: Fees apply accordingly.
Please click here to download the updated brochure.
Post Event: 20th WSHO Conference
(7 Oct 2022, Friday)
Association of Company Emergency Response Teams (Singapore) had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with SISO at the 20th WSHO Conference, on 7th Oct 2022.
ASIS & ISRM Singapore Conference 2022 (17 Nov 2022)
We are happy to share that we are a supporting organisation for ASIS & ISRM Singapore Conference 2022.
The ASIS & ISRM Singapore Conference 2022 will be held from 17 November 2022 at Marina Bay Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Halls B & C. The theme is “Sustaining the Future, Beyond Risk & Resilience” and it is done through a collaboration with the ISRM. The target audiences are regional security professionals and practitioners, business and commercial leaders, enterprise risk professionals and the risk and resilience community.
You may download the brochure here, for more information.
SCDF myResponder App - Be a Community First Responder Today!
1. A-CERTS would like to share about the SCDF myResponder App from the Volunteer and Community Partnership Department, Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF). You are encouraged to download SCDF myResponder App.
2. In Singapore, many of the emergency cases SCDF responds to could be quickly attended to by members of the public even before SCDF’s arrival. As you may be aware, more than 2,500 people suffer from Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest (OHCA), with a survival rate of just 5%, which could be improved by simple medical intervention within the first few critical minutes. At the same time, there are more than 1,000 minor fires (such as rubbish chute/bin fire) that could easily be extinguished using publicly-available means.
3. myResponder is an application by SCDF to alert members of the public to nearby fire and medical cases, and thereby save lives and increase the survival rate for OHCA, as well as mitigate minor fires in the first few critical minutes. myResponder works by notifying members of the public – also known as Community First Responders (CFRs) – of cardiac arrest and fire cases within 400m of their location. myResponder will also highlight nearby AEDs that may be available to responders, and provide guided advisories in the mitigation of minor fires. Through the ‘Call 995’ button in the app, users can also send their geolocation to SCDF’s 995 Operations Centre, enabling SCDF to dispatch the emergency resources to the scene sooner.
4. As all members of the CERT community are trained and equipped to plan, prevent and respond to fire and medical incidents at their workplaces, we hope that you can assist us in capturing this opportunity to leverage on all trained CERT members to help expand the myResponder network and provide a wider coverage of CFRs in and around their workplaces. More lives could be saved from fire and medical incidents when there are always ready CFRs nearby.
Fire Safety Asia Conference & Exhibition 2022 (16-18 Nov 2022)
We are happy to be named the strategic partner of FiSAC 2022.
The Fire Safety Asia Conference & Exhibition 2022 will be held from 16 to 18 November 2022 at Singapore Expo, Max Atria.
The 2 day conference and 1 day of technical workshop event is organised jointly by Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) & National Fire & Civil Emergency Preparedness Council (NFEC). The theme is Rethink | Redefine | Redesign, A BREAKTHROUGH in fire safety, sustainability and emergency response. More information on FiSAC 2022 can be found at https://fisac.com.sg/.
A-CERTS was invited to run a half-day technical workshop, along with other strategic partners of ours.
You may download the brochure here.
Post Event: Signing of MOU between A-CERTS & FSMAS
A new milestone was reached. A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between A-CERTS and FSMAS, at A-CERTS appreciation dinner, which took place on 26 Aug 2022, Friday, 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm at The Malayan Council (Winstedt Outlet).
The signing of the MOU presents greater opportunities in the future for A-CERTS to explore ways to enhance the interests of our members with our strategic partner.
Post Event: A-CERTS’ 11th Annual General Meeting
A-CERTS held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 27th May 2022, from 7.00pm to 9.00pm at Holiday Inn® Singapore Orchard City Centre. We thank our esteemed members who had attended the session, despite their busy schedule. It was a good time meeting up with them after two years or so of virtual events.
NFEC Appreciation Lunch (6 May 2022)
Notice: Resumption of Physical Fire Drills
In tandem with the easing of community SMMs, SCDF will allow the resumption of physical fire drills for premises with effect from 1 April 2022 onwards. FSMs and building owners will be allowed to carry out physical fire drills, in compliance with the prevailing SMM. As employees are gradually returning to workplaces, it is important for physical fire drills to resume, to ensure that the building occupants continue to be familiar with the evacuation procedures during an emergency.
SCDF will announce the resumption of physical fire drills to the industry via the following channels:
a) Email blast to FSMs and building owners
b) Update on SCDF website
CERT WEBINAR 2022
We are excited to announce to you about our annual event – CERT Webinar 2022, which will happen on 25th March 2022, at 1.30pm-5.10pm.
Date: 25 March 2022, Friday
Time: 1.30pm to 5.10pm
(Participants are to log into the Webinar at 1.00pm prior to the commencement of the Webinar)
Webinar Fees: Public Rate of S$40.00 (all inclusive) for registration via Eventbrite
Free for A-CERTS Individual Member and the first 2 seats for Corporate Members. S$20.00* for third or more seats for Corporate Members.
* A-CERTS member must be holding a valid membership for current year.
* To be eligible for A-CERTS member rate, registration must be done through your HR/L&D department. Special registration link will be sent to company representative of members. Please look out for the email sent to members.
Accreditation: 10 FSM-CPD points for FSM, with conditions. Refer to Eventbrite registration.
SDU points: 3 SDU Points (For WSHO)
PDU points: 3 PDU Points (For PE)
Registration: https://certwebinar2022.eventbrite.sg (Registration will open at 9.00am on 24 January 2022 and close at 12.00am on 21st Mar 2022, or earlier if max capacity is reached. )
There is no corporate registration. Manual registration will NOT be accepted.
ZOOM meeting links will be emailed immediately after your registration (with completed payment).
Responders' and Partners' Appreciation Event
The Responders’ and Partners’ Appreciation Event was held on 21st Jan 2022. A-CERTS was one of the recipients, represented by President of A-CERTS, Bernard Lew.